Austroads publishes a range of Guides which cover the design, construction, maintenance and operation of the road network in Australia and New Zealand.
All road agencies across Australasia have adopted the Austroads Guides.
The Guides document agreed methods and processes, and provide information about new technologies and procedures related to the road and road transport industry.
Most of the Guides have multiple parts which can be purchased individually or in a set. The Austroads Guides are:
In addition to the Guides listed above, Austroads publishes several other guide-type publications including:
- Cycling Aspects of Austroads Guides
- Guidelines for Environmental Reporting
- Austroads Design Vehicles and Turning Path Templates
- Bituminous Materials Sealing Safety Guide
- Telecommunications in Road Reserves: Operational Guidelines for Installations
Download the Austroads Guides brochure for an overview.
Australian and New Zealand road agencies and local councils
Staff from Austroads member organisations can download PDF versions of the Guides for free. This includes all state and territory road agencies and local councils in Australia and New Zealand.